Sunday, December 31, 2006

RUBHD – to be privatized?

Yes! The news is out. RUBHD would likely be privatized in the first quarter of 2007. The offer price will probably be between 3.30 and 3.50. I had mixed feelings when I read this. I was hoping for 3.80 which I think is a fairer figure in view of its strong balance sheet and prospective earnings.

The counter has finally transformed itself from a chrysalis to a beautiful butterfly. Come Jan 3, 2007, will it fly? Probably, but not very high. Butterflies normally do not fly very high. A 30c on the upside, perhaps.

Very soon 2006 will be behind us. As the curtain comes down, a new one goes up. Let’s start 2007 with a clean slate. It’s a great feeling to start with a clean slate. The beginning is always important. Be smart from the start.

1997 was a very bullish year in the early months. If there is such thing as a 10-year cycle, 2007 may start off with a bang. What will happen is anybody’s guess. We shall plan and strategize as we go along.

To all my readers, I wish them a happy and prosperous New Year. My message is:

Think intelligently, act wisely, buy smartly and most importantly be healthy.

As usual, good luck and all the best.